Standard Treatment For Back Pain Leading Cause of Death
A shocking 80 percent of men will suffer from back pain in their lives. Even more shocking, what most doctors do to treat back pain can be deadly. Don’t make the mistake of following the common doctor’s orders.
In today’s article I’m going to share with you the dangers of common treatments of back pain. And I’m also going to share with you what you can do to safely relieve back pain and prevent it.
Drugs Aren’t The Answer
Despite the fact that back pain is such a common ailment, most doctors don’t know how to help. Instead of looking at the causes and offering useful therapy suggestions, most doctors prescribe drugs.
The most common types of drugs prescribed for back pain are opioid drugs. They include OxyContin, Vicodin, Percocet, and codeine, among others.
Opioid drugs are so-named because they are derived from opium. Opium is infamous for its long history of abuse. And one of the most commonly known opioids is heroin, which most people are familiar with. Despite most doctors’ ignorance on the subject, all opioids are just as dangerous as opium or heroin.
As bad as back pain is, abuse of opioids is much, much worse. And according to national statistics, prescription opioid abuse is dangerously common. That’s because it is easy to become dependent upon the drugs for pain relief. That leads to addiction. And withdrawals are extremely unpleasant.
Apart from the long term health effects of opioid addiction, the short term effects can be quite startling. According to statistics, deaths due to painkiller overdose are the number one cause of injury-produced death in the United States. More people die each year from prescription opioids than do from car accidents or murders.
National investigations have revealed that doctors are overprescribing opioid drugs. So if your doctor prescribes them to you, take Nancy Reagan’s advice, and just say no.
Surgery Is Not The Answer Either
Along with opioid drugs, spinal fusion surgeries are the most common treatments offered by conventional medicine. Spinal fusion surgeries are extremely popular with surgeons because they make a lot of money for the surgeons. So doctors and surgeons are likely to push spinal fusions.
But be extremely wary if a doctor recommend surgery to you. Shockingly, research has revealed that nearly 20 percent of all people who receive the surgery aren’t even good candidates for it. In other words, in nearly 20 percent of the cases, surgeons were pushing the surgery on people who could not possibly benefit.
And the success rate of spinal fusion surgery is terrible. Only 25 percent have positive outcomes. And of those, very few experience substantial benefit. The other 75 percent receive zero benefit or even worsening symptoms as a result of surgery.
The sad truth is that in many cases spinal fusion surgery may not provide relief but may worsen the pain and lead to opioid addiction.
Natural Solutions Are Safer
Clearly, the conventional treatments for back pain are not good. Fortunately, safer alternatives exist. Here are some of the top tips.
- First of all, as I’ve suggested to you many times. Sit less and move more. Sitting is associated with an increased risk of back pain. That’s particularly true when slouching because the muscles of the lower back become weakened. So when you do sit, sit with your back away from the backrest. Then take more frequent breaks to stand and walk. Even just a few minutes every hour can make a big difference.
- Next, strengthen your back. Be cautious when exercising your back because you don’t want to overextend it. But gentle floor exercises such as the “Superman” can safely strengthen your back. To do the “Superman”, lie down on the floor, face down. Place your arms in front of you alongside either side of your head. Then lift your arms and legs off the ground at the same time. You will be balancing on your abdomen and pelvis as your chest, arms, head, and legs are lifted. Hold that for as long as you can. Then rest. Repeat that process up to 10 times each day.
- Physical therapy with a skilled therapist can also help to correct the problem and strengthen the back.
The above solutions aren’t quick fixes, but they are safe and effective when done regularly.
In addition, for pain relief, consider the following.
- Red light has been shown to relieve pain and stimulate healing in tissues. Expensive laser therapy treatments are used by medical professionals and professional athletes. Less expensive LED red light devices are more affordable for most people. Even more affordable, a high wattage incandescent light bulb emits enough red light to be effective at close distance.
- Capsaicin (cayenne) cream applied topically can relieve pain and is safe and inexpensive.
- Anti-inflammatory herbs ginger and curcumin have been proven to reduce pain, and are very safe.
Back pain is one of the most common ailments among modern men. The conventional treatments fail to treat the causes. Worse yet, they produce worse problems.
The safer, more effective approach is to use natural solutions to prevent and reverse back pain. By strengthening the back it is possible to reverse the condition. Natural solutions can also be used to relieve pain in the interim.